When you drive past Sheringham High School do you ever notice the newer, single story building to the right of the main school?
Like most people you probably assume it’s part of the High School but it’s not; it’s an entirely separate school, Sheringham Woodfields.
Woodfields is a remarkable and unique place in many ways. Most significantly, all our children have complex special needs (SEND). Here are a few other things that make Woodfields a very special place:
- We cover all stages of schooling, with children from three to 19 years old on site.
- Our classes are not grouped by age but by needs and ability.
- We do not have a traditional catchment area and have pupils attending from as far afield as Great Yarmouth and Kings Lynn.
- We are currently building a state-of-the-art Physical Therapy Centre which will be the most advanced facility of its kind in the UK. It will be used by school and the wider community.
- The new build has increased our pupil capacity from 111 to 135 pupils, a significant increase in SEND capacity in line with government strategy.
- We employ around 150 staff, making us the biggest employer in Sheringham.
- We were rated ‘Outstanding’ at our last OFSTED inspection (January 2019).
- We have close working links with, and are fully supported by, our District and County Councils and our local MP.
- We remained open throughout lockdown and now are teaching 75% of our children.
- We have a fantastic reputation with parents and professionals across Norfolk.
- We are one of the largest suppliers of short breaks in the county, providing after-school and holiday clubs for our children.
- We need your help.
Following the sad and unexpected death of our Chair of Governors, the much loved and respected Carole Fields, our already stretched Governing Body is now urgently in need of new recruits.
We are seeking individuals who are willing to give up a little of their time, we meet six times a year, to support a brilliant team of dedicated staff who enrich the lives of some of our most challenged, and challenging, children.
We would like to talk to individuals from any background; education, business, public or third sector. If you’d like to find out more, please contact me for an informal chat.
Vice Chair of Governors