Sheringham Woodfields School is fully committed to ensuring that all of our pupils acquire the knowledge, skills and attributes to best equip them for the next stage of their learning journey for life beyond school. Our aim is to ensure that pupils and their families are fully prepared for, and informed effectively about, the next steps so that pupils can aspire to achieve their full potential.
We use the Gatsby benchmarks and Career Development Institute framework to develop and improve our careers provision and to ensure we fulfil our legal duties as well as raise the aspirations of our young people.
Please click on the buttons below for further information.
We aim to support pupils and parents in the following way.
- Completing school jobs and tasks for the benefit of others
- Internal work experience placements
- Participation in mini-enterprise projects
- Signposting and access to post-school providers
- Regular experiences and encounters with local employers and employees
- Work experience at our school shop ‘Woodfields Den’ and garden allotment ‘The Patch’
- External work experience placements
- Annual visits to post school day service providers and FE Colleges
- Annual EHCP review meetings where future provision can be discussed
- Annual Moving On information event for pupils and parents
For further advice and information, our careers lead Lesley Kemp can be contacted by email or telephone using the details below.
Telephone: 01263 820520