Primary PE Money
The Government has introduced a new stream of funding for Primary PE. More information can be found here
In 2013-14 we received Â£8145 and in 2014-15 will receive the same amount though some will arrive in 2016.
The school will ensure we spend the money in such a way as to ensure that opportunities are sustainable after the money has been spent. There are three aims of the funding:
- Increase the range of opportunities available
- Increase the amount of time primary pupils spend taking part in Physical Education
- Raise achievement within primary Physical Education
We broadly aim to this by:
- Using some of the moneyÂ in connection withÂ staff training in areas such as Yoga and DanceÂ to improve the range of after school and lunch time clubs
- Purchasing additional specialised equipment to increase access to the curriculum and ensure all pupils enjoy their Physical Education sessions within lessons, break times and clubs (out of hours)
- Supporting the professional development of key staff who deliver PE to primary pupils to ensure a legacy within the school.
Impact of the 2013/2014 Primary PE Grant can be viewed here
Impact of the 2014/2015 Primary PE Grant can be viewed here